I'm using an HP450c and get excellent results with dashed lines of any weight as long as you let it spool directly to the plotter. If I set it up to print from the computer I only get solid lines. You might check your service centers to see how they have their plotters configured.

As long as you have the menory capacity in the plotter, there should not be a problem doing this.

The problem seting the line weight to only 1 is you get very light plots that are almost impossible to ren blueprints from.

Craig

------------------
    Craig Meyer , A.I.B.D.
    http://www.cyberstreet.com/clmeyer/index.html

Don, In Chief 97 you will get dashed lines if your line weight is set to 1, any higher number prints as a solid line.
    This is corrected in 99.
    There are 500 other reasons to upgrade to Chief 99.
    Expedite the inevitable - if you will upgrade sometime - I recommend doing it ASAP
    It gives so many upgrades and tools that go way beyond my expectations - Good Luck.
    Mike Hall - San Deigo

[This message has been edited by fitz (edited 28 August 1999).]

Don is offline Registered User Promoted
    Fitz,
    I have two problems.
    1st, my line weight IS set to 1 - so I think I have a printer/driver problem.
    2nd, I don't want to have to redraw my plan. Base on comments I receive on a previous topic I posted, I'm not confident that 6.0 will read my current plan.

Thanks for the input.

Don Nicoll

I was one of the loudest "Howlers" about importing 97 files into Chief 99 (The Beta Version) and I was right then but now is now, Version 6 is smoother than Version 4 to 5 was. Some tidy-ing up must be done on any conversions but it is minor and the detailing capabilities and additional 2-D CAD tools available in V6 make it well worth the effort. The house plans posted on my site started out as 97 plans. http://members.spree.com/djpotter

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas

Don is offline Registered User Promoted

Wish I could print dashed lines

I'm using Chief 97. I am unable to get dashed lines to appear as such, they appear as solid lines. The only suggestion I got from Tech Support was to set the line weight to 1, which it already was. The three service bureaus I've used so far all use the Oce 9800 plotter. What plotters work?

I've used a few different drivers, including the Oce driver, HP 650 and HP 700. I'm using the Modern font (a non-True Type, Tech Support told me earlier that the True type fonts often exhibit problems) although this shouldn't have bearing on my dashed lines, should it?