Raised Rafter plate

I have been drawing a house with 9 ft ceilings, the middle part of the house will have rooms above it. I am going to use 16" engineered trusses to support the second floor rooms. I want the roof for the middle part of the house to land on a double plate fastened to the top of the engineered floor. Instead of the birdsmouth landing on top of the first floor top plate it will be raised 19" up (16" Joist & 2 2x's). Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks Chalk

Make your roof planes from the lower walls for a no truss situation. Select all those planes and raise them 19" from the dialogue box.

Dean

Tried that Dean, thought there might be a cleaner approach. I was thinking about making the two load bearing walls 3" tall on the second floor. I was wanting to account for the top plates, meaning I wanted to model it. I geuss going from drawing 2d in ACAD to CA7 I have become greedy, LOL. Thanks, Chalk

Even though its all roof on the second level if your are going to have a room up there you need to create a second floor then edit the entire floor go to the dialog setting for entire floor set it to Zero then any walls you draw for the room make sure you use the knee wall settings. Then use your cross section camera and change your design.
    Chief really doesnt like Zero's but it works I rather set it to 1.5 inches but you want it on top of the wall .
    Remember to set any gables on the walls. , and lock the attic ways that chief creates.