Thread: High Roof Eave

High Roof Eave

Does anyone know how to make the roof eave in an EXT alcove rise with the pitch of the roof.
    In other words, say that you have an 8'x 4' alcove in an Ext wall with a 9' plate on the outside of the alcove and then a 12' plate height on the inside of the alcove if you have a 12/12 pitch.
    Chief wants to keep the same plate height all around the alcove and use hips or, a step-up roof if i use a high shed/gable on the sides.
    I,m trying to get Chief to do this auto. Maybe I'm overlooking the obvious.

Make the alcove a "room" with a room def wall and set it's ceiling ht to the lower level.
    Charlie

------------------

You need to define the 2 side walls as 'Full Gable' and the rear wall as 'High Shed/Gable Wall'.
    Auto build roofs and you should get the result that you want.
    Make sure that the Min Alcove setting is small enough so that it does not interfere with the roof generation.

Thanks Charlie, I did what you said and still had a roof. So with manual roof editing I was able to reconfigure and delete that roof.
    Then I deleted the room definition wall and rebuilt roofs retaining edited sections; well it worked beautifully. But not actually auto. Did I Do what you meant?

Hey Glenn,
    Great job and auto also. By the way Charlie's way will work and in this case with an adjacent Bay Window it was necessary to use the partial auto and partial man roof editing. Thanks a bunch.