Thread: Top Tips for X1

Hybrid View

Layouts, Sections, Elevations, etc.

The following will free you from having to use the Edit Layout (little pencil) tool on each and every elevation or vector view that you send to layout. Even when we send the final to cad for perfection, we use this for all intermediate work, so it looks fairly sexy with almost no work:

Send to Layout - Vector View Options - uncheck "Use Edge Line Defaults" - this will make all edge lines use the lineweight assigned to the layer. You'll need to monkey around a bit to get settings the way you like them. I use 25 for walls, roofs, major elements, and 10 for doors, windows, secondary elements.

Send to Layout - Vector View Options - uncheck "Use Pattern Line Defaults" - this will make all pattern lines use the lineweight assigned to the material. To make this setting most useful edit your material definitions:

Define Material (select object, Materials tab, Plan Material - select the correct one, Edit) - General - Pattern Line Color (on the left - I like a medium grey) and also Line Weight (lower right, I like 5).

On whatever vector view is in question - you can add cad lines, text, etc and it will appear on your layouts - without you saying "yes" to "update to layout" - so you can save any Little Pencil edits and still continue to develop the drawings.

If you uncheck both these boxes, the Little Pencil will continue to work for line moves, deletions etc. Unchecking these boxes only shifts line weight and color defaults from change by the Little Pencil to the layer of the object.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)