Thread: Top Tips for X1

Hybrid View

Ok, so in order to start a wall for a building at 0,0 should I create a profile plan with a point marker like this at 0.0?
    And then every time I start a plan, start drawing my walls at this marked point?
    Thats exactly right. I find putting the origin here more usefull for joist abd roof layout than wall layout. I don't do actual joist layouts as they are done by the i-joist supplier but I like to know where they are landing. For that I can set my ref gid to 16 or 19.2 to quickly show me where they will land. (ref grid starts at 0,0) I can also change ref grid to 24 to see where roof trusses will land. I also go one step farther on the template (back corner at 0,0) and have 4 walls drawn on my template then just manipulate them to my desired footprint. I don't even select wall mode, just use same wall type and break wall. Another feature of the origin in this spot is that I'm able to add a printable ref grid to my plans (exterior room p-line,cross hatch fill at 12" spacing) which adds a graph paper effect. BTW fills also start at the origin (0,0).
    Rob Fisher
    X3, Win XP
    Composite Hockey Stick
    Former Oilers and Flames fan

One quick note about the framing reference marker,,,

The first joist/rafter auto placed by the program is places face to face,,,,, not outside to center. If you wish to have the first member placed 16” OC from an exterior wall,,,, for 2x stock, the marker need to be ¾” away from the outside wall. This will produce the real world layout (that is cape cod real world) J

Ray
    X5
    Ray Castano, CAPS, CGP
    Ray@PlansThatWork.com
    God Bless America
    http://www.plansthatwork.com/