Thread: Top Tips for X1

Threaded View

Ok, so in order to start a wall for a building at 0,0 should I create a profile plan with a point marker like this at 0.0?
    And then every time I start a plan, start drawing my walls at this marked point?
    Thats exactly right. I find putting the origin here more usefull for joist abd roof layout than wall layout. I don't do actual joist layouts as they are done by the i-joist supplier but I like to know where they are landing. For that I can set my ref gid to 16 or 19.2 to quickly show me where they will land. (ref grid starts at 0,0) I can also change ref grid to 24 to see where roof trusses will land. I also go one step farther on the template (back corner at 0,0) and have 4 walls drawn on my template then just manipulate them to my desired footprint. I don't even select wall mode, just use same wall type and break wall. Another feature of the origin in this spot is that I'm able to add a printable ref grid to my plans (exterior room p-line,cross hatch fill at 12" spacing) which adds a graph paper effect. BTW fills also start at the origin (0,0).
    Rob Fisher
    X3, Win XP
    Composite Hockey Stick
    Former Oilers and Flames fan