Thread: Top Tips for X1

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Allen42acj
    If the person posting the thread could delete post that were off topic,that would work/help..
    I am guilty of going off topic..Just this post for one..
    (Underlining mine) - exactly why this thread was originally a copy & paste from another, that had gotten off topic - and exactly why just starting over yet again probably won't accomplish what we wish.

Also - I take a certain amount of flak now and then for being active, sometimes being opinionated, sometimes trying to be positive has itself been somehow construed as a bad thing... Anyway - I would rather not have any more power over any particular thread than anybody else. So, I don't want to start a new tips thread and then be in a position to remove others posts. Posting an opinion that we think another has been out of line, that a post is off-topic, inappropriate, inaccurate, whatever, is a far cry from having the power to delete posts - and that's exactly the kind of thing that I see happening if an individual user were given that control over even a single thread. I think we need to leave moderating to the moderators.

I think a sticky tips would be invaluable for the new user, and an excellent use of this forum. I just think it needs CA involvement. I have to think that having new users and migrators reach editing happiness faster would make it worth CA devoting a bit of moderating time to it.

Personally - I would favor a "best of" where things get voted onto the island, a positive thing, than things be removed.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)