Thread: Top Tips for X1

Threaded View

Top Tips for X1

I'm stealing this from my own thread - thought it would be most useful with it's own place.

Louis, Gary, Dan, Dermot, Tim, Cliff, anybody - jump in, add to... if it works, let's hear about it.

This is the speed and aggravation avoidance list.

Preferences - Edit - Snap Properties - the entire upper right section

Preferences - Edit - Marquee Select - I change this constantly depending on my need.

Alt-Q - always go here before redefining a wall type, moving a wall, etc.

Preferences - Architectural - Select Room Before Wall in 3D - individual preference, I turn it off - drives me nuts.

Preferences - Appearance - Vector Views - Enhanced Line Draw - most of use are turning off for better speed

Preferences - Appearance - Double Buffer Drawings - most of us are unchecking all to get better speed.

Default Settings - Layer Sets - you can define the default layersets for the different camera views. I'm creating some that are stripped down to just the essentials to speed up vector views.

3D Setting - Options - try checking Start in Low Detail - also check out the various Auto Rebuild options (haven't played with them, love to have someone who has chime in.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)