Thread: Top Tips for X1

Hybrid View

Jim,

I'm thinkin' we ought to run some little tests and find out - but that sounds like what he's talking about.

I have to play with it. The first 16" is different on every wall. Maybe you can have more than one of these? I feel some experimenting coming on. The only time something like this has bothered me is when it gives me dumb looking roof framing - with two sides of the same gable roof not matching. I have to see if this works on that, so I can eliminate some of the manual edits.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

The first 16" is different on every wall.

Good point. Even if you start your building corner at 0,0, there will be other walls that the spacing will be off. Every wall would have to have it's own framing reference...would get to be a lot of work. Oh well I have never shown studs in plan view anyway.

And no need to have 0,0 in a profile plan it is easy enough to set it with the imput point function. Interesting that too far from 0,0 causes weird 3-D drawings, is it really too much math? or what?
    Jere Johnson
    Version X3 & X4 & X5 latest
    Electra Glide Standard