Thread: Top Tips for X1

Threaded View

Jeff,

I think the idea of a sticky "tips" is excellent.

However, I've referenced this one and a couple of others repeatedly, rather than repost, because the parts that are on-topic represent a boat-load of work. Before starting again, let's think about how we might avoid pouring time into re-collecting only to have it side-tracked again.

So - I have a couple of alternate thoughts -

1 - I would have no problems with you guys editing this thread to remove the tangents. I'm betting Allen and others who started similar would be on board with that also. Some of the tangents were amusing at the time, but now make it harder for someone to find the useful stuff.

I haven't read all 5 or 6 pages in awhile to see if there are any "editorial" statements, as opposed to silliness about Judge Judy. Even if there are, anyone interested has had plenty of time to read them.

2 - A sticky "best of" where one of the moderators plucks tips from other threads for inclusion. When people think something should go there, they can say so in the original threads. If someone wants to editorialize or just get silly, they can do that in the original thread.

I thought of the 2nd because it's almost inevitable that a regular thread get off-topic.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)