Thread: Top Tips for X1

Hybrid View

Actually, I've been working blissfully unaware of the need. The only problem I've ever had with my framing was the one I told you about - which was a weird left field bug that only I seem to have triggered.

I put my joist directions in. I put in any bearing lines. I put my beams in. I adjust beam heights for flush framed or whatever. I set my defaults, define the framing for my roofs, window groups for single hole... I put the fire in the hole and I get lovely framing. There's usually a bit of tweaking, but not a lot, and I'm good to go. Oh - I do usually end up doing a single tweak to my roof heights and rebuilding framing - to get my birdsmouth depth exactly what I want for all my weird steep roofs and such.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by WendyWelton
    I put my joist directions in. I put in any bearing lines. I put my beams in. I adjust beam heights for flush framed or whatever. I set my defaults, define the framing for my roofs, window groups for single hole... I put the fire in the hole and I get lovely framing. There's usually a bit of tweaking, but not a lot, and I'm good to go. Oh - I do usually end up doing a single tweak to my roof heights and rebuilding framing - to get my birdsmouth depth exactly what I want for all my weird steep roofs and such.
    Almost all of my homes with very little exception are i-joist homes which CA just doesn't do very easy. The rimboard is 1" while the joists are 2 1/2 and I shaped not rectangular. I just auto build the floor system with the joist OC set at 96" (can't make it any larger) and then delete all floor joists leaving just the rim board which I make all solid fill. Then I add all the joists / beams. I wish it were like yours with minor tweaking but such is not the case....sigh....