Thread: Program freeze

Program freeze

I have been doing a rather complicated plan for a big remodeling/addition job the past couple of days. I've been using a lot of CAD details from the DBTec Detailer, which is super. The problem is that nearly everytime I copy a detail over to my detail drawing, my program freezes up. No error message, just stops working. I have to re-boot and when I start Chief again, I do not get the usual "Crash last time" message. I have re-started my computer at least 6 times in the past few hours of work, which is getting a little tedious. Anyone else had this problem? If anyone would care to try this, (ART)open a new CAD detail window, copy anything over from DBTec, then draw a box with CAD lines, then highlight it and click on the door to open it. If you don't freeze everytime, then the problem may be at my end. Thanks for any responses.
    Ellis in FL

Ellis,

Does your plan have alot of patterns? I have found that CAD details that contain alot of hatching, roofs, walls with stone/brick patterns especially set to "1" really slow down a plan. Provided you have "hardware acceleration" turned off or down, color set to 16 bit max. then I reccommend that while working on the plan in three-D preffrences, turn off patterns/images and any other attributes except the ones you minimaly needed to finish the plan, then trun them on only to send to layout or to generate views. This advice may help the crashes, it will speed up getting the plan finished.
    The house plans posted on my website were extremely slow to generate in Chief especially the "Window and Door" schedule page due to heavy hatching on it (they started in 97, then to Beta 2, 3 & 4 then to Chief 6 too).
    Hope some of this helps.

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas http://members.spree.com/djpotter

[This message has been edited by David Jefferson. Potter (edited 21 November 1999).]

David:
    Thank you for your reply. I do not think this problem has anything to do with the complexity of the plan. Please see my new topic note under "Freezing Bug".
    Ellis

Ok, you da Boss.

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas
    http://members.spree.com/djpotter