Thread: TEXT

TEXT

I work Chief 97.I have a problem if I want to change the Character Height of all the Text if I want to increase or decrease the scale on Sectional or Cross Section Details which I hold in A Special CAD Detail Window. At the moment I Have to select & change each Text item individually which is Time Consuming and a real Hassle. Can some one advise me if there is a way I can Multiple select all Text in these Details and change the Character Height in one hit

Stan
    Kaikoura New Zealand www.canterburypages.co.nz/churchillpark

Stan

As I recall, you can't group select text, walls, CAD items, etc, in Chief 97. But you can in Chief 6.0 (along with a lot of additional features, especially in CAD tools)

I often do what you are referring to (change the Character Height of all the Text to match the scale on Site Plans Sections and Details)- Multiple select all Text in and change the Character Height in one hit. You can also modify arrow head style and size, font , layer, etc, in the same fashion. 6.0 has so many more productivity tools that you ought to consider upgrading.
    I have not gone back to 97 once since purchasing 6.0.

Geoff
    Perth, Western Australia

It was possible to group select text in Chief 97. The process worked the same as group selecting CAD objects.

------------------
    Matt Peppin
    ART Tech Support