Glen is right. In your head you have to determine what is on what floor. You still have got to have more than one floor. If your main floor and it's adjoining rooms are at the correct floor hts it will pretty much build itself. Start with the large spaces with no partition walls and start setting the floor hts. It is confusing but not bad once it gets going. If it would help I will post a zipped house plan - that was really tricky. You can see how the rooms are defined. Look at the chief users vault under Disney. http://www.egroups.com/docvault/chief-users/
    Charlie

------------------

Split-Level Homes

Can someone give me some guidance on how to create a split level home. I have simply been working in circles and haven't came up with anything useful yet. What I need is one area created at "0" which is finished living and a full 12 course foundation under this area. I also need two other level which are finished one is the bedroom area which the floor should be about half way up the wall on the other area and then a full 12 course basement under this area. And finally I need a basement with that will be under part of the upper level but is 8" lower than the other part of the block finished area. This is probably really confusing the way it is written but I don't have a better description. Can someone give me some help please!!! Thanks in advance

Foxcraft:

I recall a discussion in this forum a month or so ago regarding a split entry, Perhaps this discussion may shed some light on your query. I haven't done one yet so can't speak from experience.

------------------
    Dan Marrin
    Lake Shore, MN

It seams like you need a single level living area adjoining a basement with a bedroom over, with the bedroom floor half way up the living room wall. Correct?

You need to decide if you want the living and the basement on the same plan or the living and the bedroom on the same plan.

Either way, call the basement height 0 (assuming the basement is at a half level lower than the living) and work up from there.

Make sense?