Gable End Double Roof Match Window

I am using V10.8a.
    I have a cabin and need to make a gable end window where both sides of the top match the roof.
    I can convert a fixed glass windowto match one side of the roof with the "match roof" in the shape box. Next I would like to reflect that so the top of the window is a triangle with both angles matching the roof. Roof pitch is same on both sides.

Thanks in advance,

Ed Orum

Start with a fixed window, open the window DBX, under the shape tab, set the left and right heights at some numer lower that the overall ht (that number will vary depending on the slope of roof and width of window), place a check in "Top left corner" place the full ht # in the "Height" box, and 1/2 the width in the "From" box. Do the same for the "Top right Corner".

BTW, this is the same for V10 & X1.
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

Ed:

Another simple way of getting that shape of window is to use a Tudor arch as shown. I don't believe the "Match Roof" option works with this style of window but, if you don't mind messing with the settings a little, you could fairly quickly get the window's top rakes to match your roof pitch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TudorArchWindowRndr.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	25595Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TudorArchWinGenTab.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	25596Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TudorArchWinArchTab.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	25597
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard