Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by BuildingDesign
    One of our City councils are asking for an Isometric plumbing layout over two stories showing falls of the pipes etc.
    Believe it or not I've never had to do one in Chief but I know some of you have.

What is the best way to go about this.

Your help might save me a hours of puddling about.
    >>>
    G'day from Algies Bay,NZ. It seems like most (if not all) councils are asking for this now. I'm using the CAD tool to draw it, but must admit that it takes quite a while - was actually hoping that Chief could include it in X1.. If you do find an easier way to do this, please let me know.

Regards,
    Christo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	isom.gif 
Views:	433 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	14569  

I think by the time licensing comes into effect I might retire. Everyone wants to blame someone else and not pay for the extra work involved.

Try tell the councils that the plumbers/drainlayers are registered and licenced and they still want us to provide info. As I have said earlier we are having to take the responsibilty for everyone else. Starting to get really difficult.

The isometric schmatic is fine for part of the plumbing process but councils also want to see floor joists so you can prove big holes are not going through joists.

Will keep looking for a continuous pipe detail program, someone must have developed something.
    James Roberts - NZ
    Architectural Designer
    Cambridge
    New Zealand