Rotated room dimension error

Hello fellow Chieftains,

I have run into a problem with my rotated plan, specifically my automatic room dimensions. After I have rotated a plan, all of my automatic room dimensions read the same as before the plan was rotated. Basically, when I rotated a couple of my plans, my room dimensions read the room as DEPTH x WIDTH instead of the standard WIDTH x DEPTH.

I can put a note regarding this on the plans, but I think the standard is how Chief normally shows automatic room dimensions in a non rotated plan. Besides, I have been working with these carpenters for over five years now and they have come to expect the plans to read a certain way. Oh how they love it when my computer makes a mistake!

Thank you in advance for your help,

Maxwell

Were I you , I would go to show items and uncheck the "show room dimensions",show only room names, then draw manual dimensions if you must have them, or show square footage or don't rotate the plan. All ART can tell you (I bet) is that they will address it in a future patch. In the mean time you will have to cope like the rest of us, I know of no work-arounds.

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas
    http://members.spree.com/djpotter