Thread: Error 7000

Error 7000

I am using CA6 version Oct 21. I downloaded a 3D object library file called "Galore.exe" from "3dbuilders.com". After self extracting I copy the resulting library files "Galore.l3f" and "Galore.lbf" to folder "Chief60\Libraries". The Galore 3D objects seem to work fine. However, now anytime I press the library button I get Chief error message "7000 - Symbol library file incorrect". I can ignore the message and everything seems to work ok but it would be nice to not get the message. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it legal to just copy things to the Chief library folder like I did?

Yes I get it too. I am glad you asked the question.

Mike Hall
    San Diego

The Galore library was written for earlier versions of Chief-3DHA and has some code in it that causes the "error message", that seems to be the only down-side of using the library. What you mean by "legal" would have to be further defined by you to comment on but basically the use of this library is a user choice as it is "Open Source" software with no tech support and offered freely by Michael Angelo Leone.

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas
    http://members.spree.com/djpotter

David,

Thanks for the clarification. I was mainly concerned that I might have done something wrong. I should not have used the word "legal". I was concerned that simply copying files to the Chief library folder might not be the appropiate way to install new libraries.

Galore has two library files, one called (galore.lf3) and the other (galore.lbf). You only want the lf3 file in your libraries directory in 6.0, the lbf file is an old format that doesn't seem to be compatible with the new browser. This should fix your problem.

Tim Graham