Threaded View

I just have to say - I agree with George and all of you on the sun-tube idea...however on this particular job the cupola isn't there for light, but for the visual accent on the exterior, with no regard to efficiency. Just looks.

The client is not interested in cost effectiveness, budgets, or any of that - just the way it looks when it's done. The images of that project are of a seasonal pool house with a 5 car garge on the lower level...cost is currently over $800,000 - and rising (they already have a 4 car garage on the other side of the estate). I am also designing a deck for between the garage/pool house and existing house that is currently between $180,000-$200,000. She just put a new living room suit that was $220,000. In their dining room, they have 6 placemats on the table that literally were $2,500 each. The ceiling beam in the image showing the light fixture a few posts ago (I designed in Chief sent drawings to the mill for production) was $10,000 and there's 2 in the great room.....

All I am saying is that for this particular project - we're not concerned with the light (or lack of light) coming in through the cupola...it's strictly there for the look on the exterior and to hold the 450pound chandelier.
    Last edited by ChiefChris; 03-30-2007 at 06:43 PM.