UnHappy Scaling plan to print on 18x24 paper

I'm really hoping I didn't do something stupid in my initial file set up that is going to prevent me from doing this!

Now that I'm 'done,' with my plan I'm noticing that my plan is not 'filling up' the entire 18x24 size of the paper I'm working on... even with dimensions, I'm still centered on the page and NOT filling the entire area.

In a nutshell - I can't for the life of me figure out WHY everytime I go to print or save as .pdf, a)my plan SHOWS UP on an 18x24 background... b)along with the lines showing the 8 1/2 x 11 page breaks that would be necessary for the plan to print on my lasetjet printer... and c) I can't figure out how to get the plan to fill the entire 18x24 page area... so that d) it can be printed on an 18x24 paper at a service provider... WITH THE PLAN filling the entire 18x24 page. Is this a printer issue? Is it happening because my printer can ONLY handle 8.5 x 11 paper?

Unfortunately, I have extensive background in 'the land of PhotoShop' and graphics, in which we can simply scale an image. I've tried to block the entire plan - dimensions and all, but when I do, the only 'handles' I get are the center handle and the rotate handle.

Can somebody please help me!!!!!???

Thanks,
    Jim

Jim,

It sounds like you need to change you page setup under your print options. There you should be able to change the paper size to what you need it to be.
    Michael Armstrong, CAPS
    Armstrong Designs
    armstrongdesigns@bellsouth.net
    www.remodelit.info

Jim,

check the file pulldown menu - go to print>page setup (fly-out)...in there you can select the paper size....

then in the print menu also select "show sheet" to see your paper space in relation to your plan then "center to sheet"..to center the drawing on the page...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	13678   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	181 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	13679   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	13680  

Jim is right on - I'm new to CA, my Acad background when printing a "Layout" tab to PDF my cad layout scale 1:1 but print PDF using window select - scale to fit for PDF file. As Jim notes setup PDF print for paper size desired.
    Tony

nada!

Here are three images that may help show what I'm seeing. I've been playing with the print set up options as suggested and as you'll see, under paper size, ALL I GET are the paper sizes that perhaps my printer are capable of handling (NOT 18x24)...??? This is driving me nuts!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page-setup-window.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	13682

Name:	page-setup-window---printer.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	13683

Name:	plan-mode-view.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	13684

One: You are using the wrong printer.
    Two: Add a printer capable of printing larger paper.
    Three: Use a pdf writer instead of just a real printer.
    Four: Most printers will allow you to add more paper sizes, see if yours do.
    Five: You could also add a plotter to print your plans.
    Jorge Araya
    X5 - Archicad - Revit LT - AutoCAD LT
    http://www.motmots.net
    https://plus.google.com/112064287731194407334/posts

install the FREE PDF995 drivers that came with Chief 10...or download them from the internet. They will allow you to setup a page size of whatever you need. I use this on my laptop - I have no other print drivers on my laptop....I print then to PDF and whatever size I need -

Are you sure that it is not the 1/4" = 2' scale he has set? It looks fine based on the the settings I see selected. When you print, do you use "Scale to fit"?

oh yeah...that will cause an issue too...

always print 1 to 1 from layout...

if you're printing to a sheet size from your plan file - you may need to change your scale to fit better...

When you have a PDF printer installed, then click on the Printer Button as shown in the attached image and then set your paper sizes above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Printer Choice.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	13690  
    ggodwin

Smile Thanks all...

Funny how one 'buzz word' can trigger a whole new train of thought isn't it!?!?!? Chris' mention of the pdf drivers sent me down that path - and being an owner and daily user of Adobe Acrobat - the latest version, I figured I should check out the variables available to me in teh .pdf options dialog... a little tweak here... a little sledge hammer there... and voila! Mission accomplished - Thanks folks.