Hybrid View

$2,500 for a table place mat? Geez, isn't that a bit extreme? I guess if the dining room table can be viewed from the $220,000 living room suit, one has little choice. And here I thought $48,000 for German made cabinets placed in a garage was more than a touch too much.

The solar/sun tubes work better than I had anticipated. It is surprising the amount of light they transmit. Must have something to do with light refraction through the tube tunnel itself. They are exceptional vehicles for providing natural light in interior areas. Also, the tunnels are flexible to a degree, eliminating the framing considerations of a skylight (for the smaller ones that fit between rafter centers).

Most of the work I do is renovation, so when I add an addition that now blocks the natural light that perhaps the kitchen window had supplied, that area's ambient light takes a beating. Short of placing a skylight(s), that area has no access to natural light. Many times, with a roof overlay, skylights are not an option due to framing and valley considerations. This is one area solar/sun tubes are especially valuable.
    Last edited by rgfeher; 03-31-2007 at 10:56 AM.
    Randy
    10.08/X4/X5 Win7Pro64
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual - 4200+ @ 2200 MHz
    4G DDR-SDRAM
    Geforce 550 Ti Fermi 1G