Hybrid View

schedule numbers

Hi there, this topic may has been covered before but I could not find it under search.
    In the windows and doors shedules I can choose a number to be displyed in the plan. When I make the schedule to text, the number disappears
    EXPANDesign

That's right - because when you convert the schedule to text...it is no longer linked to the windows....

A work around is to paste any text changes over the schedule cells as needed with converting to text. I can't remember if this works or not, but you might try to go into the master list and see if any editing there will help you with what you want displayed in the schedule. What you are experiencing is something I hope is changeable with vX1 as I think most CA users have had to deal with this. If it isn't fixed, I would hope that CA would create an article for the Help Database that provides that best work around.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Thanks for your reply. Even if the text is not linked to the labels, the labels could still stay on, if programmed correctly. I agree with you Curt, something that should be improved in the next version. The way it is now is useless.
    Alok
    EXPANDesign

Theoretically you are converting the schedule to text in order to add columns or change the wording. Done correctly you can add new columns to any schedule and customize the text that is displayed.

See pg. 935 in the manual.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

Dan:

Thanks for the info. Seems now that you mention this that someone else brought this up in the last month or so and I must have filed it away somewhere without trying it out. I will do that shortly and see how it works.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

I prefer to keep mine as schedules so that they are linked to the windows...so that if I make a change in the windows in the model the schedule automatically updates...

Just have to make sure all of the window data and components are correctly inputed

Exactly Chris, that's my point, Dan, thank you for your input, I appreciate the possibility in CA to adjust the text to local terms, but the point is adjustible schedules, because in my world, the windows and door sizes keep changing until the day that they are fitted. Schedules, presented to builders or clients, must be 'reliable' documents and they have do be up to date.
    Thanks for your intersst.
    Alok
    EXPANDesign

If I change window - be it type, size rough opening manufacturer, egress or whatever - if my schedule isn't linked to the windows I have to update the window schedule text manually....

If the schedule is still linked (not converted to text)...the it updates automatically and the information for each window updates as I update the windows...one step, rather than 2...and my schedule is always up-to-date and congruent with the windows in the plan.