Thread: Additions

Additions

I am a brand new user...just purchased CA 10 and completed the tutorials. I am beginning plans for an addition... and cannot find any information on how to approach an add-on to an existing structure. Answers on the general approach and where I can source proven steps/ ideas would be very helpful.
    Specifically I would like to know how preserve the 'as built' then show several options for the add-ons.
    Thankyou for any help, Tom

Start by drawing your existing structure, you have a learning curve yet to hurdle. After you get the original done then jump into the addition and how to approach it. shane

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]It’s nice to see you started with something nice and simple…. J[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]It really is,,, the way I handle it is,,,, first create a plan of the existing with as much detail as you can stomach. Save it as, say, existing.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Now do a save as, say, concept #1. Draw the addition to the existing structure. You can now create a layout (set of plans) that include both plans,,,, existing and proposed.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Now you ask,,,, how do I show the proposed changes to the existing interior or the walls to demo on the proposed plan. You can send either floor plan over to a cad detail, block it and copy paste the block (floor plan) back into (on top of ) either plan. The line weight and line type will help clarify the plans.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Clear as mud, hey?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]RAy[/SIZE]
    X5
    Ray Castano, CAPS, CGP
    Ray@PlansThatWork.com
    God Bless America
    http://www.plansthatwork.com/