Ania is offline Registered User Promoted

Help me to finde my missing folder

I logged on my laptop and into my account yesterday and the desctop design that I have was gone. I found my folder through start/search option and simply dragged it to the new desctop. I worked on the files located in this folder for few hours and than save it there. Today I logged on and my old desktop designe came back but the folder that I worked on last night was gone and the desktop that appeared out of nowhere that previous night was gone too. I was trying to look for the folder on the entire computer but the only thing that I found was a shortcut from few days ago, but the file is gone. How can I get it back and what happened to my desktop last night? I thing the folder might be still there. I want to get it back but I have no more ideas how to do that. Please help.

Did you try doing a restore point?
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

If I remember correctly, you can log in as administrator or other user and the desk tops will be different for each user. Maybe you acidently logged in to administrator desk top.
    Larry West
    Triad Estimating & Plan Service
    Tobaccoville, NC.
    v10.08
    vx-1

Try to do a search for your file.