Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by louis
    What I wanted to show is a way of working in 10 so that it does work that way......We work the way Chief was designed to work. ........Did I change working style to adapt to the software? You bet I did!
    We all adapted, because that was the tool we had to work with. I can't work the other way that I want because the option isn't available anymore with out doubling my work, so obviously we have all adapted, but I don't think it was for the better. I just want more then is currently there.

...it does not matter if you place the text with an arrow or text by itself and then place arrows......
    Sorry Louis...you need to look into that more, it does not work as you say (without changing text/arrow defaults first). I won't go into the details since that has been done, but if you ever want to have an online session so I can show you (or you show me), I would be happy to oblige. If I'm wrong, I would be happy to know about it.

Have a good weekend. Go Phoenix Suns!!
    Last edited by Ben Palmer; 01-12-2007 at 02:44 PM.

Ben Palmer
    arizona custom home design
    www.palmerhomedesign.com

follow us on facebook

That's great Ron. Just don't use it if you don't like it that much.

I don't feel the same way and that's okay.

...and there is no reason to not be polite.

Happy Plan Making.
    You do not understand many of us do not like the text was changed in version 10 that isn't being inpolite, it is stating a reality. I am constantly ammused when someone criticizes CA. CA is a tool just that and many people use their tools differently.

Ron

Ron Ravenscroft
    RAVENSCROFT ARCHITECTS, LTD.
    20611 N. 17th WAy
    Phoenix, Arizona 85024
    623-434-0092 - 480-797-6894
    rrarchpa@cox.net or ron@raltd.net
    Version4 to X5 and beyond

Ron,

I understand perfectly.

Believe it or not Ron I had nothing to do with the change and that's fine that you don't like it. I hear you! What do you want me to say?

Would it be better if when you placed text on any layer and then you placed arrows the arrows would always be on the same layer as the text. Sure it would. I would love that. Is Chief perfect? Of course not, it never has been.
    Last edited by louis; 01-12-2007 at 04:17 PM.

Ben,

I'm only going to say this one more time.

I ALWAYS change the text default when I enter new text or arrows or I copy the text and arrow I already have which are on the same layer.
    Last edited by louis; 01-13-2007 at 07:14 AM.

I'm only going to say this one more time.

I ALWAYS change the text default when I enter new text or arrows.
    I noticed that you routinely go back and edit your old posts even after others have replied, making replies not make sense. In fact the email notification sent shows that you actually said this:
    I put no text on the default layer..
    This is why I have continued on this subject, to show that that it doesn't work the way you say with that comment, but that has been taken out of your original reply, and following edits have been adjusted to follow that edit.

Suggestion: Please don't change the content of your posts after others have replied. Grammar, speelling, etc...ok. It would make more sense to add a correction post so others following can make sense of what is happening, instead of replies by others not making sense. I have not changed any of my previous reply before others replied (other then spelling and grammar---which I routinely have to correct...one of my weaknesses ...thank goodness for spell check).

You also edited this in an earlier thread:
    I'm sorry I answered Ben. I know you don't want to hear from me on this subject. I will be quite now.
    That wasn't there before, but don't be sorry, I love the friendly debate, because that just helps others see more clearly the weakness of the tool. Thanks.

In summary: We all know how the current tool works, there is not a question about the operation of it. What I am saying is that I want to be able to change it by getting the arrow on the same layers as the text WITHOUT changing the default. It would make the tool more powerful and quicker, and it wouldn't break the way you currentlly do it. Obviously I do it the way 10 is designed also, since that is my only choice to accomplish this, but why not have them automatically change...the text tool would be better.

Better designing for all. Have a good weekend....go Phoenix Suns!

Ben Palmer
    arizona custom home design
    www.palmerhomedesign.com

follow us on facebook

I put no text on the default layer.
    Ben,

The reason I said this is because it is true. I put no text on the original text default layer and it does work doing this. That does not mean I don't have my own defaults! I should have made this more clear. I'm sorry.

I also do this with dimensions as well.

See my method in action in Canada at our next class. I will show you exactly how it works.
    Last edited by louis; 01-13-2007 at 12:13 PM.

Ben,

The reason I said this is because it is true. I put no text on the original text default layer and it does work doing this. That does not mean I don't have my own defaults! I should have made this more clear. I'm sorry.

I also do this with dimensions as well.

See my method in action in Canada at our next class. I will show you exactly how it works.
    Louis:

ENOUGH. Ben has a valid point. Leave it there. Are you being paid to devend ART.

Ron Ravenscroft

Ron Ravenscroft
    RAVENSCROFT ARCHITECTS, LTD.
    20611 N. 17th WAy
    Phoenix, Arizona 85024
    623-434-0092 - 480-797-6894
    rrarchpa@cox.net or ron@raltd.net
    Version4 to X5 and beyond

Louis, I see you are STILL altering you posts after you post them. A "Chief Guru" needs to think through their post before posting. If you want to say something more post again PLEASE so those of us that are watching and learning can follow clearly.
    John
    V X1-....