Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ver 11 needs these

Two thoughts for version 11 (ART people)

1. Can text be reverted back to way 9.5 text and arrow inputted, this way is much easier and quiker than ver 10.

2. Can the print scaling be reverted back to ver 9.5, ie you enter the scale 1:100 instead of the awful way that ver 10 let scale be inputted.

Ver 10 is good but I feel somethings have gone backwrds. It take more time to adjust text and wotk dimensions scale out than it did in prev versions.

Cheers

and happy new year

I along with others agree with you,
    I (and others) have complained about this in the past.

I purchased the Ver 10 upgrade and have not used it to this day because of the step backwards with text/leader association.

An option to use Ver 9.5 text. in Version 11 would be great along with
    an option to use Ver 10 (new standard) text for users who prefer the new text/leader association. Everyone will be happy. (No more debates on which version has better text)
    Mike Corriveau
    Corriveau Cadd

I share the same text/ arrow and edit issues but am giving v10 the benefit of the doubt.

Be sure to throughly review and explore the options and then set your default text parameters.

- auto height and auto width ON
    - fill OFF

But geeez what's with the arrow not copying with the text? that's just dumb.

Regards, Bruce

Shift select.

How about place all your text and then do, control A with some object snaps on.
    Last edited by louis; 01-11-2007 at 06:50 AM.

i quit using arrow heads as a rule, i have been doing unheaded lines, it is faster in chief and it is faster in acad.

some of the text stuff hopefully gets fixed in the suggestions area, if not i'll post it again for 12, not like at this point they are going to include it anyways

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support. I have been beating this horse for quite some time. It hopefully it has plenty of life left in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce MacNeill
    ...what's with the arrow not copying with the text? that's just dumb.
    Thanks for putting it so eloquently Bruce.... Arrows need to copy with text also.

Arrows also need to assume the the attributes (layers, etc.) of the text.

Ben Palmer
    arizona custom home design
    www.palmerhomedesign.com

follow us on facebook

Arrows also need to assume the the attributes (layers, etc.) of the text.
    It does that now.

I have layers and layer sets set up and all text and arrows are always on the text layer of that set.

I'm sorry I answered Ben. I know you don't want to hear from me on this subject. I will be quit now.
    Last edited by louis; 01-11-2007 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by louis
    Shift select.

How about place all your text and then do, control A with some object snaps on.

I'm with you on this one Louis - I dont see the problem with the way the text functions now....shift select to put a window around your text & arrow...then drag, copy delete or whatever....

no matter what layer you put your text on - when you add the arrow it always stays linked in the same layer as the text....

You trainers are all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefChris
    ....shift select to put a window around your text & arrow...then drag, copy delete or whatever....
    I have highly detailed plans that have lots of text and arrows in the same vicinity of each other, and this method inevitably picks them up. What is wrong with adding the ability to have them move together....doesn't harm the way you do it either?

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefChris
    ....no matter what layer you put your text on - when you add the arrow it always stays linked in the same layer as the text....
    If I have text that is not on the default layer, and I want to draw a leader to it, the leader is on a different layer then the text...not good. I would never want that behavior. Causes problems in the final product. I know the suggestion is to put the default layer on first, but that is extra clicks. It should be automatic. The other idea is to put the arrow on at the same time, but I have design notes that do not come at the same time. I could add from dbx to keep the same layer also, but again, extra clicks that shouldn't be neccessary.

I know there are 'workaround' to accomplish what I want eventually, but we are asking for a quicker more productive tool. These changes won't effect the way you guys currently do things, so why not change it? Everyone is happy.

Ben Palmer
    www.palmerhomedesign.com

follow us on facebook

I put text on my electrical, plumbing, framing, design, foundation, and terrain layers - each layer-set has its repsective text layer that i dont want showing on other layer sets....the only text that is on the text layer is the text that i want showing on every layerset.

when you input text - on whatever layer you need it to be on. when you add the arrow from the text spec dialog box and not using the arrow tool - it is linked to the text and the layer on which the text is placed....

I have highly detailed plans that have lots of text and arrows in the same vicinity of each other, and this method inevitably picks them up. What is wrong with adding the ability to have them move together....doesn't harm the way you do it either?
    I do not draw a marquee,I shift select.

If I have text that is not on the default layer, and I want to draw a leader to it, the leader is on a different layer then the text...not good.
    This is just not so!

I know the suggestion is to put the default layer on first, but that is extra clicks
    That is not what I sugested and that's not what I do.

It should be automatic.
    It is.
    he other idea is to put the arrow on at the same time, but I have design notes that do not come at the same time. I could add from dbx to keep the same layer also, but again, extra clicks that shouldn't be neccessary.
    It's not.

I know there are 'workaround' to accomplish what I want eventually, but we are asking for a quicker more productive tool. These changes won't effect the way you guys currently do things, so why not change it?
    It's not a workaround!

I have now met someone who is more hardheaded than I am.
    Last edited by louis; 01-11-2007 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by louis
    I have now met someone who is more hardheaded than I am.
    Impossible...

Ok Louis.

marquee or shift select apply the same...because there are other text, arrows and other cad items that can and do interfere...again why not have them go together with just selecting text...do you not want them to go together?...are you guys opposed to it or something...you can keep on shift selecting for all I care...I prefer to save a click. You don't need to preach to the choir, I know how to accomplish it, I'm just trying to make it better and faster.

louis and chris--

put text into a plan, and change the layer of the text (not the defaults, but inside the individual text box only). Now draw a leader to that text.

They are on different layers. The leader should automatically change to the layer of the text box, and overide the default leader layer. I know I can get it from the text dbx, or when first created, etc. but that is not the example I am using.

Ben Palmer
    www.palmerhomedesign.com

follow us on facebook

you should be able set the current layer you want to work on and have the text/arrow/callout/whatever use that layer without having to open the text dbx.

thats how cad works, why reinvent it, i know how it work, i know how to fix it, i just don't like all the extra steps..

I have already sugested this

I'm just trying to make it better and faster.
    If they could make it follow that would be great.

They are on different layers.
    True. When you take that approach. Again if they could make if follow that would be great.

I work more efficiently than that. I put no text on the default layer. I have user layers that I use as my defaults and the arrows follow the text and I can add arrows at any time and they are on the correct layer. I use and teach it this way!

...and if we could set up our default layers in each set it would be even faster.
    Last edited by louis; 01-11-2007 at 10:00 AM.