Need help: Riser Diagram

I've ran into a snag at the permitting office as they are requiring a commercial permit for a residential 4-Plex that I'm converting into three units.

What I need: An example of a Plumbing Riser Diagram. I know what this is but I'm unsure of how to apply or what details to include in my drawings.

If anyone has this please send me a plan set as an example. Also if you have a Mechanical and Electrical 1-Line diagram for exterior riser service, I'd appreciate those as well.

Please send the files to timlassiter@gmail.com

Thanks !!
    Tim - Houston, TX
    X5

Tim:

Sounds like what you need is a schematic showing how the fixtures, traps, drain lines, vents, and cleanouts will all be tied together to complete the DWV system for the structure(s). You can easily create this in CAD with lines, arcs, etc. You can make yourself symbols (CAD details) to represent sinks, toilets, etc. as needed for reuse. The ones I have seen usually are not to scale - just a pictorial model of how the plumbing system will be joined together to make the complete system. If you have a plumber who is working on the project, he may be willing to sketch out the system(s) for you and you can then put it on paper. I have not created them in CA although I have done several just by sketching on paper. You may be required to do the same for the hot/coldwater system - I would double check with your Building Dept. on that and make sure you know what exactly they want. They should be able to show you what they require on someone else's plans that have already gone through the permitting process. These schematics (the ones I have seen) are done with a 3D perspective view. You might do a search or check on Chief Portal - Lew may have a post like what you need.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Here is a sample of one.

Lew
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Johnson
    Tim:

Sounds like what you need is a schematic showing how the fixtures, traps, drain lines, vents, and cleanouts will all be tied together to complete the DWV system for the structure(s).
    Got your message earlier on my Blackberry and called the plumber soon after. He brought along some sample plans and I took some digital images for reference. Like you said, just simple lines and a lot of notes. Thanks for the help!
    Tim - Houston, TX
    X5

Quote Originally Posted by lbuttery
    Here is a sample of one.

Lew
    Awesome Lew!! Just what I needed and will save me some time. Thank you very much.
    Tim - Houston, TX
    X5

Tim: Glad you're getting the information you need. Good Luck.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard