Roof Issue - need help ASAP, please!!!!

I have a raised entry...The left side of the raised entry seems to work fine, but on the right side I have problems...

What I am trying to accomplish is have a raised stone roof entry with an arch with stone columns each side. Left stone column will go down to the ground and the right side is going to sit on the roof on the lower roof.

What happens is cheif does not like you having a lower roof and another roof on top, so it creates a soffit arount the lower roof at the higher roof location.

see picture of the front perspective at the right side cheif deletes the gable portion of the entry....

Is there a work around???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front entry.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	9832  
    Eric DeLeon
    Chief Architect X1
    Salem, Oregon
    eric@spanianplans.com

Eric,

I think you can achieve what you want by deleting the offending wall section in plan view, then make your arch and supports in Perspective view with polyline solids.

Don't forget to consider how this new roof will shed water. It appears that even crickets wouldn't help you much here.

Good luck,

Dan

Eric,

The lower roof is keeping the tall wall from creating (walls don't go through roofs--with out intervention). Break the lower roof planse around where the wall should be, and that should build the wall automatically for you. (If I'm seeing the elevation right, a straight on view would help).

Good luck.
    Last edited by Ben Palmer; 11-10-2006 at 07:17 PM.

Ben Palmer
    arizona custom home design
    www.palmerhomedesign.com

follow us on facebook

The entry roof is much higher than the lower roof. I am just going to put a post and beam across towards the back. That way any water will be caught on the lower roof and down to the gutter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front entry.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	9833  
    Eric DeLeon
    Chief Architect X1
    Salem, Oregon
    eric@spanianplans.com

You will notice in that last picture that the cut in the entry wall (vertical line) lines up perfectly where the lower roof fascia is, or where the lower roof ends...if you break the lower roof planes around the entry walls, then the walls should build properly for you.

Ben Palmer
    arizona custom home design
    www.palmerhomedesign.com

follow us on facebook

Eric: In looking at your elevation view it appears your fit for your front entry door and sidelights is very tight. Think about how you or whoever builds this design is going to trim out the corners on either side of the entryway. It appears to me that you need to make it several inches wider to even have a fair chance at trimming the corners and the entryway out. I like to take camera views on the inside as well - I don't like to have trim crammed right up against inside corners. Just a suggestion - hopefully to keep you or the builder from having to make adjustments later.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard