Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moldy Raytrace

Jon,

I use No Radiosity. It's the fastest too!

HTH

Sam
    Last edited by spencerdesign; 09-15-2006 at 01:32 PM.

Don

CA Premium X6 (16.1.1.9x64) SSA
    Intel i7-4770 (8M Cache) @ 3.4GHz; Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit; 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz);
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670;
    Dual HD Monitors (24" and 22");
    Primary Hard Drive: 256GB SSD.

Use a higher radiosity setting, or no radiosity at all.

For further explanation of this phenomenon, please read the following thread:

http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread.php?t=20432
    André - Sr. Product Content & Media Developer at Chief Architect

Quote Originally Posted by jonthepain
    Has anybody figured out how to demold these darn raytraces yet?
    Jon,
    I have found (in the material definition /render tab / advanced, that if I turn off specular and shininess, then increase emissive until they go away.

You will have to play with the ambient and diffuse setting to tone down the gain from turning up emissive setting or they begin to glow slightly.

HTH
    Michael L. Dalton
    Parallax Designs

Molds are part of the natural environment. It may begin growing indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that are wet. There are many types of mold, and none of them will grow without water or moisture. It is the #1 cause of allergy symptoms which could lead to serious health concerns; respiratory illnesses or even death. Proper inspection, testing and removal are essential to ensure a healthier, happier existence for you and your family.

A mold inspection is when a person looks for mold growth in a building. It is important to have inspection in your home to protect you and your family from the toxic diseases it will give. It is the most important first step in identifying a possible microbial contamination problem. After that you might feel mold testing is warranted if you couldn't find any mold.

Quote Originally Posted by joseph piodos View Post
    Molds are part of the natural environment. It may begin growing indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that are wet. There are many types of mold, and none of them will grow without water or moisture. It is the #1 cause of allergy symptoms which could lead to serious health concerns; respiratory illnesses or even death. Proper inspection, testing and removal are essential to ensure a healthier, happier existence for you and your family.

A mold inspection is when a person looks for mold growth in a building. It is important to have inspection in your home to protect you and your family from the toxic diseases it will give. It is the most important first step in identifying a possible microbial contamination problem. After that you might feel mold testing is warranted if you couldn't find any mold.
    You're an idiot troll
    Chief Architect X4, X5
    Thea Render Rookie
    ASUS K53SV / Win 7 x64
    Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU 2.00 Ghz
    NVIDIA GeForceŽ GT 540M with 1GB DDR3 VRAM
    Samsung 840 Pro SSD
    8 Gb DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM

Universe, Milky Way Galaxy, "Sun" Solar System, 22556

I had no idea you could get sick from a render. Do you think there is risk of drowning with the watercolor setting?
    alan lehman - Lehman Design Studio - Carmel, CA
    www.LehmanDesignStudio.com
    vX5 with the latest patch
    Intel i7-3770k cpu @ 3.5ghz, 16gb mem., Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    "No rest for the wicked or the freelancers."

Of Men and Pigeons

Joe has a song on you tube it's called "Moldy Old Joe"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy32skBSHs0
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.