Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remodeling

Remodeling

I have architect 10,can i remodeling and have the same view like on this picture

Is this presentation of remodeling in chief architec 10 or do i need other programs for high quality remodeling and viewing
    http://www.chiefarchitect.com/remodelers/

And when i go to chiefarchitect.com i can download the new libraries for the program,so if i install new library where can i see this new stuff in chief architect,step by step,please.

And what is the CH key,i want to build a chimney and the help tells me that i must enter the CH key and build the chimney,but i dont know where the CH key is.

2-Must i build the facade for/on the house too?Is there any difference in looks,from the white color from only the walls?

Yes
    You just have to learn the software..The tutorials and this forum is the best way,it just takes a little time..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

Markob,

That shot is just a full camera overview with the roof off. It only takes
    one click of the camera icon and then maybe a little adjustment. Of course you have to build(design) the house first! That may take a while if you are just starting out. Follow Allen's suggestion. Good luck!
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

OK thanks,i know how ti get this wiev but on this picture seems realy full of colors.

Can somebody tells me what is the CH button when i want to build a chimney?

edie is offline Registered User Promoted
    It may be what your referring to is the crisp details. The doll house view your looking at is done with RayTrace which is included in Chief. This view starts as a "render" that looks nice but lacks depth in detail, better shadows, mirror reflections and bump maps. Hit the raytrace button (a black color camera on tool bar) and you'll see some settings before the raytrace starts. This is cpu intensive (renders are video card intensive) so this can take some time, rather then seconds like renders. good luck. edcox

That's not CH it's Ctrl...Just looks like CH..the Ctrl key makes things be able to move when they wont normally..
    I had to use my magnifier to see it..
    Gives me an idea for a suggestion..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ctrl.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	8019  

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

Quote Originally Posted by edie
    It may be what your referring to is the crisp details. The doll house view your looking at is done with RayTrace which is included in Chief. This view starts as a "render" that looks nice but lacks depth in detail, better shadows, mirror reflections and bump maps. Hit the raytrace button (a black color camera on tool bar) and you'll see some settings before the raytrace starts. This is cpu intensive (renders are video card intensive) so this can take some time, rather then seconds like renders. good luck. edcox
    TNX i found this option,but when i selected cross bar wiev(wiev from bird wiev and to se interiors)it wont show interiors and shows a complete house,why?

How can i solve this problem,i build a roof and now i have this white stripe on all the windows in the house in last floor where is the roof.

But where is this function if i select wall open object i cant find celling hight,and how to do it for all the walls?

I want to put a sink to a room for kitchen and the arhitect say "The fixture/appliance must be placed in a cabinet" what the **** is wrong now,what cabinet,i have kitchen not cabinet.
    Last edited by markob; 08-18-2006 at 06:41 AM.

It is in the room dialog box or the floor defaults.

Mark:

there are sinks that are standalone and there are sinks that need to be placed in a cabinet.

Most kitchens have sinks in a cabinet.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

I need stand alone sink vith furniture like is in the kitchen,and that what i see in library but i cannot put it there.

I got a biger problem now,i noticed that the CA does not have chimney,i dont need it from the slab to top of the house,i only need to put the chimney that can be seen on the roof,1.5m x 0.5m,simple as that,just want to see the chimney on the top of the house.

I read all the threads for the chimney and i got no clue how to start,i read that chimney can bi done with polylines,ok i choose polyline-line- and i draw a box,but what now,this box (2D)cannot be seen on render full view?
    Please help me

Last edited by markob; 08-18-2006 at 07:09 AM.