backclipped cross section

I posted the following question on the chief-user group - so far, no-one has replied - Lewis Buttary suggested I try chieftalk - my question is copied below .......

Regards,
    Lenita

<Another 'silly' question - this time regarding backlipped cross section toggle (V10) - previously, once the toggle is selected, it stayed selected - BUT it's not staying selected in V10 - at least not in the one installed on my system!!

Is this 'just the way it is' now? Or am I (again) missing something?

I like to keep it toggled on so that I can choose how much detail I want in any particular cross section view - now I keep forgetting to toggle it on before taking a camera shot ........................

Can I make it stay toggled on in V10?>

[SIZE=3]Lenita,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] I am using version 10.08a. When I click on the camera button the Vector View child button is selected as the default. However, once I select the [/SIZE][COLOR=black]Backclipped Cross Section button it stays selected until I click on another tool bar button. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]Is the way you want it to work or did you want the Backclipped Cross Section to be your default? [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]I do not recall making any setting to make it work this way on my system nor could I find any setting to change it so I can’t offer any suggestions.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]Regards…Bob[/COLOR]

Lenita,

In 10 the backclipped cross section is it's own child button.

Quote Originally Posted by louis
    Lenita,

In 10 the backclipped cross section is it's own child button.
    Louis,

In previous versions, when I clicked on the backclip button, it would stay depressed unless I clicked on it again - in other words, it was possible to always backclip any section view unless the user changed the setting.

It looks like this is no longer the case in V10 - unless I'm missing something?

Regards,

Lenita

That is correct Lenita. The backclpped button is it's own child now.

It is it's own mode now. Before it was part of the cross section mode.

Lenita it's really the same thing you just click on the backclipped cross section child you you are ready to go.

...but you can control cameras with layer sets.
    Last edited by louis; 08-18-2006 at 10:51 AM.

This is a change in functionality that actually is faster to use than before. Now the backclip button is a new backcliped camera so you simply choose the type of camera you want by selecting the backclip camera and drag the camera out.

Before you would have to click the back clip button and then click the cross section elevation button to get the camera tool.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

Lenita:

I set up a custom tool bar that has the view tools I use most. For me that is both the render and vector overviews and the 2 section tools (cross section/elevation and backclipped cross section).
    Larry

Lawrence C. Kumpost, Architect

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be
    stationery.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Park
    This is a change in functionality that actually is faster to use than before. Now the backclip button is a new backcliped camera so you simply choose the type of camera you want by selecting the backclip camera and drag the camera out.

Before you would have to click the back clip button and then click the cross section elevation button to get the camera tool.
    Ahaa! Now I understand! Thankyou, Dan!

I hadn't noticed that the back clip button was, in itself, a camera view button - definitely much faster than previously - thankyou to all who have helped me with this.

Regards,
    Lenita