Layouts Not Printing To Scale

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've been using CA 9.54 for about 2 years. I have yet to get a 24 x 36 layout to print to scale. I don't have a plotter so I export to .dxf and take it to a local blueprint shop that uses AutoCad. The prints always come out too small. (4'-0" = 3'-5") They have tried everything they know to correct the problem, but they say it's a Chief Architect problem.

How do I fix this

Thanks!!

Have you tried to convert it to .pdf?

That is probably the most used method of printing for Chief users. Go to www.pdf995.com, and download their free program. This will put another "printer" on your system. Then just chose "pdf995" as your printer, specify "Arch D" (24" X 36") as your paper, check 'print to scale', then you can email that to ANY print shop worldwide for printing. I have been using this method for years, and it works every time. (at least every time I click the right buttons )
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

Quote Originally Posted by BIG INDY
    Have you tried to convert it to .pdf?

That is probably the most used method of printing for Chief users. Go to www.pdf995.com, and download their free program. This will put another "printer" on your system. Then just chose "pdf995" as your printer, specify "Arch D" (24" X 36") as your paper, check 'print to scale', then you can email that to ANY print shop worldwide for printing. I have been using this method for years, and it works every time. (at least every time I click the right buttons )

Thanks for your help!

DeWayne

You're Welcome
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com