Thread: Welcome!!

Threaded View

Again... triple Cudo's to ART and this new site... It's gona get the trafic from all the people who don't knwo about egroups. But that's a problem since the more volume, the more of a problem it is to monitor a web based BBS like this one . I can understand Jacob's and ART's reasons for not doing this, but I think the responce your gona see is that we are not GIVEING UP OURE EGROUPS as long as they offer email services and there is somebody else on the group.

The egroups site web area also catagorizes the incomming emails by topic w/ replies etc, so somehow it is possible to do an email list and a web one at the same time. Jacob mentioned the option of maintaining a list as well as this BB. If that means that they would be separate groups and that we'd have to monitor BOTH, I'd say no way That's worse.

Well, I'm confident it will all get worked out. We'll see how this plays out. I'd also hate to see ART investing time and money into something that is a duplicate of teh egroups server. I'd rather see program improvements.

Caleb

[This message has been edited by Chieftain (edited 12 August 1999).]