1/4" and 1/8" scale in one layout sheet

I have a floor plan of the first floor in 1/4" scale and on the same layout sheet I have the basement floor plan in 1/8" scale. How can I show the dimension numbers in the same size? So far I was only able to pick some medium size: too big in the 1/4" dwg and just legible on 1/8" for the guys in the field. Any better solution?
    God bless America
    Wolfgang Richter
    Lake Lure, NC
    Version X3.latest
    duo core, Win 7, RAM 667 Mhz, 2 Monitors

Make the dimensions on the basement level a different size than your default. In dimension mode, shift select all the dimensions and change the size in the dbx.
    Liz

If you want all your dimensions to print at the same size on layout, e.g., 1/8" high, open a text box and hit the "Scale" button and plug in the information you want to use to see what the dimension heights you want should be. Then close out the box and go into your dimension setup for either floor plan and set the height as you need it. Check the Help file out if you are having trouble doing this.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Curt,
    If you change the default, the size of all dimensions using default will change on all floors. I don't think there is any way in Chief to have it change automatically with the scale used in layout.
    Liz

Hmmmmm - I will have to check that out Liz. Did I stick my foot in my mouth?
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

oh, it can be done...

send the views to layout...if you want to double the dimension display size on the 1/8" layout view, select it, then with that view selected, double click on the dimension tool>setup tab, set the dimension size to twice what it is at...close

ps...set the Minimum number size setting to 0 or a very low value so you have a wysiwyg display on screen...
    Last edited by Tim O'Donnell; 07-28-2006 at 04:03 PM.
    Tim O'Donnell

Cool! Thanks Tim.
    Liz

1/4" to 1/8" scale on layout

Thanks Tim for your input. It works. As most of it, it is simple, but you have to know it.
    God bless America
    Wolfgang Richter
    Lake Lure, NC
    Version X3.latest
    duo core, Win 7, RAM 667 Mhz, 2 Monitors