Thread: Mouse Problems

Mouse Problems

I seriously don't know what I did!!

While in a plan I always use my scroll button on my mouse to zoom in on objects. I place my cursor arrow on the object then scroll up to zoom in close.

Well, for some UNKNOWN reason I can't zoom in properly. Now if I zoom using the scroll button on my mouse, Chief does not zoom in to where my cursor arrow is pointing. The whole page moves. The scroll bar on the side of Chief scrolls up all over the place.

For example, I want to scoll in on a dimension. I place the cursor on the dimension and scroll up. Now I place my cursor on the dimension, scroll and I end up JUMPING to no man's land, 5 miles away. It's basically not centering/zooming in on my object.

I tested this in AutoCad and it works fine, I can draw anything, then zoom perfectly. It's not my mouse. (BTW, I'm using a logitech MX 1000 laser mouse.)

Hard to explain, I'm just praying that someone here has encountered this and knows what I did and how to fix it.

THANKS!!!!
    Last edited by Dai Vernon; 07-07-2006 at 07:36 AM.

Thumbs down

Ok, so if I hold down the Ctrl key I can zoom normally. But what in the world did I do? I mean, one second it zooms fine, the next it flitters all about the screen.

Now I have to hold the Ctrl key to zoom properly. WTH????

I would try "systems restore"..
    Think it could be a virus thing to.Read about one that effect the mouse.Could just be you changed a setting by mistake..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

My mouse has always required the Ctrl key to zoom correctly.

(Logitech, by the way)

John S.

weird?

I read in the manual that some mouses, depending on their settings, require you to hold down the ctrl key. Weird thing is that I've never needed to before, and now it's really weird to have to hold down the ctrl key.....especially when I am a type of person who looks for shortcuts.

By the way, anyone know of a way to "bind" keys. I know that shift+z is the hotkey for the zoom tool. Is there a way to make my right mouse button be an automatic zoom tool???

I'm going to need some kind of fast zoom considering my 20.1" widescreen Dell XPS M2010 laptop is arriving next tues!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dai Vernon; 07-07-2006 at 10:05 AM.

What mouse brand do you have?

Microsoft mice have been known to have this problem....I now use a logitech, but I don't find it much better other then the zoom works correctly (without ctrl) and the buttons can control the tab key where microsofts new driver cannot....at least last time I checked.

I actually prefer the feel and use of microsoft though if it weren't for these issues.

Ben Palmer
    arizona custom home design
    www.palmerhomedesign.com

follow us on facebook

It may have nothing to do with anything you have done. If you are using an "intelimouse" then try mouse properties, wheel, advanced, turn off intelipoint wheel support for the following programs, add Chief to the List. It seems to be an intermittent thing with "intelimouse".

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdesign
    It may have nothing to do with anything you have done. If you are using an "intelimouse" then try mouse properties, wheel, advanced, turn off intelipoint wheel support for the following programs, add Chief to the List. It seems to be an intermittent thing with "intelimouse".

Sam

Good Idea Sam!!! I am not using intelimouse; I'm using the Logitech MX 1000 Laser. It's an amaing mouse, but I did find the problem. When I rebooted my computer I found that the logitech software starts up automatically. I right clicked the icon, clicked on exit, then went back to Chief. I works perfect!!!! Just turn off the mouse software and BINGO!!!

Thanks, anyone having problems similar to this, try exiting the mouse software.

Logitech Mouse drivers cause a lot of problems. Usually removing them from startup will allow the Windows drivers to take over and handle the situation. I don't really know what Logitech is doing with their drivers but, in the past, we have seen articles on the Logitech website that tells users to use the Windows drivers and not use their own drivers.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect