Foundation stem wall height

I just created the foundation for a plan using the "create foundation from first floor" option. I specified a minimum stem wall height of 54", including the mudsill. Chief created a stem wall that is 54 5/8" from the top of the footing to the top of the mudsill. Anyone know why the additional 5/8" was added?

Dave

The minimum stem wall height will be based off the entire plan. It is possible there is a 5/8 difference between the floor height of the room you are in compared to other rooms. It would be hard to determine the precise cause without looking at the plan.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

Dan,

I was just about ready to post that I found the problem. As you surmised, I had a small room that somehow had acquired a 5/8" lower floor.

Thanks,

Dave

I trying to have 3 sections for my front addition and each should have it's own stem wall height. Section on left is for a slab, the section in the middle is for a stairwell and the section on the right will be a crawl space.

I am close to having these set the way I want them, but I am getting slight variations. Is this why ? If so, it is annoying !!!

I am trying to go with 4 course CMU on left with one course above grade and 11 course CMU for the stairwell and 6 course CMU on the right.

Instead of 88" on the stairwell I get 86 1/4" ????

I'm still learning how to work with this so I have some more playing to do this weekend, but I am curious as to whether it is Chief or me ?

I would suggest that after setting the stem wall height I should be able to "lock" so it can't change. I don't see the builder using a partial CMU block ?

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)