"Attic Walls" appearing inside living areas

I have a 2 story plan where each time floors are rebuilt an attic wall (solid in views)appears thrusting up into the living area.
    Now I have an additional wall thrusting up through a second floor deck. There is a porch below with the suppoting walls inset slightly, and it is one of these - only one - that is causing a problem. What is going on?

I can of course Show attic walls/delete and they disappear, but I would like to resolve it.

Mike Hall
    San Diego

[This message has been edited by fitz (edited 23 October 1999).]

Thanks Matt,
    For some reason I can't figure (ex-Texan)it suddenly stopped doing it.
    However the answer is useful - it explains other prior instances, especially at decks, and I will now know how to handle those.

Mike Hall
    San Diego

If there is no roof over the lower floor, you can remove roof over in the structure tab of the room definition dialog box. This will keep it from generating attic walls for that area.

------------------
    Matt Peppin
    ART Tech Support

marty is offline Registered User Promoted
    I have had the problem of those extra attic walls from way back. I have just deleted them in the past but they came back on re-build.

If changing to "no roof" solves it a default option for the floor would be nice.

I handle them pesky attic wall critters sometimes by selectin 'em, make 'em invis-ble and checkin retain attic walls, then they stay gone. Just another thought by a present "Red Neck Texan".

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas
    http://members.spree.com/djpotter

The reason the "No roof over" is not set as default is this will also remove any roofs over that room if you rebuild roofs. If you are using this to remove attic walls, make sure that you build floors and ceilings only and not roofs.

------------------
    Matt Peppin
    ART Tech Support