Thread: 3D Signage

Hybrid View

Mr Bendy is back.

This is the old "Bend-it" technique. When you import a Dxf/dwg 3d object into Chief, you may import it, (strange as it sounds) as a [COLOR=red]window. [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Now if you import and place on a curved wall you will end up with a curved "window".[/COLOR]
    The signage is made from the Elefont utility.
    Mod: Make your sign line by line, save each line as a DXF file.
    Import each "line model" to a new plan, drag into the required orientation, export from view and save your sign as a DXF.
    Draw a D shaped room, now Import your sign as a window. The "window" should be centered, and via its dialog box, under options select Radial and curved. You should now have your curved sign. note that the thickness of the sign is controlled by the thickness of the wall and you may have to modify this.
    You must now eliminate the room from your view, via the "display options dialog box", or by using the delete surface tool.
    Export the isolated sign as a DXF. Voila.
    On my illustration I imported the finished sign[COLOR="Magenta"](as an exterior fixture)[/COLOR]and onto the D shaped room with that fake window now removed

Now does everyone know who Beckham is?
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.

Awesome Tip - Thanks

Thanks so much for the help with this. I haven't gotten it totally down yet but I'll try to post a pic when I do.

if not they can view the movie by that name. great flick.

Kevin:

Thanks, now I know who Beckham is. Not being a fan I never heard of him before.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Hang your head in shame Lew
    David Beckham is England's home bred football Superstar/National hero/Marketing machine, somewher between Mother Terasa and Winston Churchill. He is one of the best midfielders of all time, with an almost uncanny ability to place the long ball precisely in the right place, for others to score with. but he is most famous for his power/free kicks, with his ability to generate accurate bending shots that can fool the best goal keeper, its a bit like watching a cannonball behave as a cruise missile. David Beckham is a household name in Europe, Asia, Oceania, Africa. South and Central America, and the North and South poles
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.

Ah, but not in America

I'm not a sports fan, so I don't even know most of the US stars unless they make headlines outside of the sports pages.

I agree that the US is too isolated in our world view, in sports, culture, politics, etc.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHIJEF2000
    Hang your head in shame Lew
    David Beckham is England's home bred football Superstar/National hero/Marketing machine, somewher between Mother Terasa and Winston Churchill. He is one of the best midfielders of all time, with an almost uncanny ability to place the long ball precisely in the right place, for others to score with. but he is most famous for his power/free kicks, with his ability to generate accurate bending shots that can fool the best goal keeper, its a bit like watching a cannonball behave as a cruise missile. David Beckham is a household name in Europe, Asia, Oceania, Africa. South and Central America, and the North and South poles
    and I thought it was cause he was one of the spice girls
    Tim O'Donnell