1st floor elevation

I can't figure out how to raise the house. Right now the 1st floor is level with the ground. I need to raise the house at least 6 inches so the sill is not sitting on the ground. Is all of this done in the landscaping portion? I have not done any of that yet. I just have a house on a flat green plane.

Thanks, everyone!
    jeff

Jeff-

By default, the 1st floor is at 0 elevation. Set the terrain elevation in the terrain dialog box.

Welcome to Chief!
    Steve Miller
    Builder's Plan Service
    X1 Full

jeff
    To set the terrain elevation below your siding level you'll have to open the terrain specification box and lower the elevation (or raise the model).
    To do this click on the terrain perimeter, and use the open object icon. Then un-check the auto calculate elevation box (as shown in the picture below).

Enter the distance you want to move your terrain/model and it will show correctly.
    Some people say the positive number in the elevation moves the terrain down, and others say it moves the model up, but which ever way you think of it, be sure to included the thickness of your first floor.
    If you un-check the auto calculate box (and rebuild the terrain) then the terrain will sit at 0 which is the top of the first floor. To move it down you have to add the thickness of the first floor (12" in my case) and then 6" more (= 18" in my case).

As shown below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terrain Setting box.JPG 
Views:	188 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	5978  
    Jim Rogers
    Jim Rogers Timber Designs
    Georgetown, MA, USA
    email: jrsawmill@verizon.net
    V9.54-V10.08a-VX1.5.4.17-VX2-VX3-VX4-VX5

Thanks guys! I'll give it a try.

Jim, thanks for the helpful pic.

jeff

Without doing anything with the terrain you could just set the default first floor height at 6 in the floor dbx...

There are times when I would be drawing a main floor, and want to add a floor underneath (but not a foundation)...so I would just raise the default floor height....

If you're not using terrain yet - that might be easier. (I think)
    CA User since 1997.
    Current: V10, X1, X2

Sorry it too so long to follow-up. I got working on other parts of the plans. Now I'm back to this elevation problem. I cannot find any options to raise the 1st floor or lower the terrain. I think part of the issue is that I am using Home Designer Deluxe 7.06b. The options you guys provided above do not appear in my dbx's. I'm also having a hard time adding a basement. Perhaps I should have started differently.

Any help would be appreciated.

jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	house.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	6937  

Jeff:

Following this forum can be helpful as many of the tools in Chief are also in your version, but there are also many that are not.

Have you tried the Hometalk forum where the focus is on the BHG products ?

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/hometalk/

David Potter and Kilgore Trout are very helpful over there and I help when I can. Dan Park from CA will also offer advice.

HTH

Lew

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Just a note, the procedure is to raise/lower the terrain in relation to the house. Once the rooms of the house are set to the proper elevation(s) in relation to each other then change the terrain as needed.

You should probably have one or more rooms set to elevation 0
    as the "main floor". Then set other rooms and floors in relation to the "main" floor and then finally set the terrain.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)