Threaded View

Question Printing a D size layout on an A size sheet

I'm hoping someone can help with this minor issue. I'm getting started with Chief and don't have ready access to a plotter for 'D' size layouts...so I've been relagated to printing on my 'A' size inket printer....aaarrgh !

In the Page Setup dialog box, CA shows that there will be 16 pages of the 'A' size sheets to make up the 'D' size equivalent that I can then cut and tape up. There's something like a 10% overlap with each sheet so this really does work. It's not pretty, but....

My question is if my layout is really only a single 'D' size sheet, is there anyway to print just one or two of the 16 pages and not all of them? When you click the printer icon, the Print Dialog box opens, and allows you to adjust the Print Range... but this range seems to be the range if I had multiple layout pages. Example if I had 10 layout pages in my project, and want to print just page 5 to 7, then I would insert 5 and 7 in the Print Range. This would actually result in a total of 48 'A' size sheets (3 layout pages X 16 sheets per layout page).

Now that I have everyone totally confused and think I should just go out and by a 'D' size plotter... is there any solution?

Thanks for the help and all the great posts that I've learned a ton from !!
    John
    Currently using X6 Beta