Round hole through a second floor to the first

Is there any easy way to make a round hole through a floor. I want a hole from the second floor to the first. (Actually a 39" diameter hole for a pneumatic elevator) I was able to make a rectagular hole & fool with it as a polyline but it seems there should be a straightforward method for placing a round hole through the floor. Maybe a firehouse designer out there knows. Suggestions appreciated. Looked through all the documentation but didn't come across and simple answer.

Draw two semicircular walls sarting the 2nd at the end of the first. Adjust the shape shape of the wall(s) as needed to get a proper circle. THen draw another wall from onr of the semi circular walls to an exterior wall.
    (Chief does not like "island" rooms). Make all three walls invisible. Designate the round room as open below. Done. IF you want a railing or half wall select the semi-circular walls and make them railings and don;t make them invisible.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

You can do a rectangular "platform hole", and convert the straight lines to arcs in the right-click edit menu. You'll still need to do some reshaping, though. Use a CAD circle as a guide.
    Richard
    ---------------
    Richard Morrison
    Architect-Interior Designer
    X6 Premier, Win8 64
    http://www.richardmorrison.com

This is a very good thread similar to what Richard has posted.

http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread....=platform+hole
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory