Thread: "dead" pan?

"dead" pan?

i was demonstrating chief to my new boss and couldn't get the pan function to work. i have gotten into the habit at home of moving the plan around by "sucking" and "pushing" with my zoom wheel. at work the video card seems to require you to click the wheel first so that i little magnifying glass icon appears and then the zoom takes place about that base point, whereas at home it zooms about the current crosshair position, no wheel click needed. i realize that the CTRL and click/drag doesn't work at home either. there is very little written about this. what am i missing? is the current mode involved? we are running v9.5, but i would assume that this feature wouldn't change. kevin

It's likely hardware related. Does he have a similar brand of mouse? Check the mouse configuration first. Likewise, try holding shift or control or alt while you play around a bit:

http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread....ighlight=wheel

This is merely one example of the anomalies - and I use a logitech mouse (and the control button to zoom)!

John S.

yes, it is a wireless logitech mouse at work. i have a wired belkin optical usb mouse at home. none of your suggestions work unfortunately.

Yeah, that is one of the weaknesses to me as well. I've grown accustomed to the current setup, but I don't think I could make it match on, say, a Microsoft mouse. Why don't you just unplug your home unit and drag it to work for the demonstration? The drivers are usually easy to find on the manufacturer's support section.

Good luck,

John S.

On my mouse I can set all the buttons.Check "programs "for the mouse software.

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

jsimanyi - I had the same problem a year ago or so with a MS mouse and asked the same question here but solved the problem myself by by by (what did I do again?) - it was a driver issue I know that for a fact - I believe I loaded the drivers and that caused my problem so I unloaded them and all worked well.....
    Ron

i have kensington expert mouse, which is fully programmable for all its button functions..I also have a kensington wireless keyboard, with a wheel...i have the wheel on the keyboard set to scroll up/down, the wheel on the mouse zooms, click the wheel on the mouse and i can scroll sideways...

you just need a mouse that the maker has a better set of drivers for...and that usually eliminates MS and logitech
    Tim O'Donnell