Time tracker redux

Okay, from the limited response to my earlier inquiry as to whether others are using CA Time Tracker . It appears to be underdeveloped or purposely avoided. My new question is what method do you use to keep track if you're billing by the hour? My supervisor is intent on me keeping track of redesigns which adversely effect the margin jobs are sold at. Any input ,any easy and accurate ways to keep the total draw time recorded?
    Thanks ahead for any help.
    Dan

Dan. I didnt see your first post....

But I do use the time-tracker tool from CA. I just have to be intentional about starting/stopping it when I am working on any given plan to be sure that the time doesn't lapse. It takes a second to be sure, but it's worth it....

You can set the idle time limits in preferences. I also dont have it turn on automatically - that way I am sure to turn it on when I start working....

You asked about printing the log in your previous post: I export it as a TXT file, then use the information there to create a spreadsheet in excel to derrive a time based rate/fee.
    Last edited by ChiefChris; 05-30-2006 at 07:40 AM.

I use Timeless Time and Expense... http://www.magsoftwrx.com/
    Rashid Garuba
    http://www.aaihomeplans.com

Datacad 11

Thanx For instant reply!

Chris,
    I thought it couldn't be totally useless so I'll re-reexamine the built in timer .

Rashid,
    Thank you too , my supervisor was sending me in the direction you mention and I'll look into the program as well.
    Bye now
    Thanks much!
    Dan

I use Time Stamp by syntap. The output from time tracker is junk and I don't have the time to export into excel and set up the spreadsheet so it'll add the hours up for each project i work on during the day etc etc.

With time stamp, i create a file with the same name as the client file, keep it in the client file with it's associated layout and plan, and the software adds up all the hours and the rate etc. itself. The boss just opens it up or I print out a report, and there you have it. Two or three clicks and I'm done. You do have to start it and stop it.

Simple. Plus, it's freeware.