wall to handrail junction

G'day or evening All, new to the group and have had CA for 2 weeks..
    so far so good... biggest question to date for me is can you stop a wall or handrail or the like from jumping into each other at wall junctions or whats the trick. I have noticed handrails butting against a wall and the post passes through into it..

Thanks..
    Martin..

A mate,

Try opening the wall>railings<check no half post. There are several different ways to play around with railings. You can also set this in the default (I think). I'm quite new to chief and this is the first tip I've ever posted so I hope I'm right. You can also put a door opening in a hand rail and it will put a post to each side. I seen this in a tutorial on foundations yesterday.

Amber

Thanks Ambler, that does help in that case but I would also like to know how to stop wall juctions from jumping into each other, I have angled handrailing which meet a solid wall end and the wall end shoots of at an odd angle, all I can think of is to drwa a polyline and create a wall for the junction..

the trick with saying a mate is to say "hay" as "a" and thats fairdinkem.

Martin..

Hay Mate, (a made it sound like "A")

I see what your saying. I tried this in plan. your talkin about how the end of the wall goes from streight to angled (fallowing the same plain as the rail) even backing off a few inches, it snaps to the end. There are some pretty suave` dudes that post here........someone will come to your rescue. My bet is on changing the settings in your snaps (absalute guess). I wish I could be of more help. Maybe I'll get another cup of Joe see if that helps.
    Amber

tar Mate, i'll give the snaps a try..
    we'll see what the gooroos comes up with..

Martin.

Martin.
    Firstly you can reduce the snap distance: in Defaults>wall, adjust Wall snap distance (Minimum value 25mm or 1").
    Secondly, you can drag a wall sideways and override the snap by using the "accurate drag" tool. You may want to place the wall on a separate layer and lock it once you are done with placement. Hope this helps
    Peter Sveinsson
    Bathroom Designer, Kitchen Designer, Builder
    Adelaide, Australia
    email: peter@brilliantsa.com.au
    email: (alternative) icy@senet.com.au
    X4 on Windows 7

Icy,
    I had the wall snaps set at 25mm, and worked out that an existing snapping wall would not stop at 25mm, anything under 125mm it just snaps and joins.

I deleted the wall and redrew a new wall and it stops 25mm from the other wall.., seems that the existing snapping wall retains a memory to just jump and connect.. and the snapping distance is the same as the original defauft, so some how an existing snapping wall keeps the original default wall snap distance..
    thanks.
    Martin