metric to feet and back again

Hi- please answer even if you think this is a silly
    question- but I have imported a european dxf- it says scale, 1:100. When I click on a line I get a number like 7250. Do you think this is in millimeters or centimeters? Can I just change the preferences and all will be automatically converted into feet/inches or do I have to multiply by 100 first and change the length of each line in cad mode? when I want to convert it back again, what is the easiest way to do so. I need to show drawings in both feet/inches and in metric so I can work with architects in both Europe and USA.

Thanks for your tips.

Please elaborate on what you are trying to do. Import a symbol? Cad block? plan?
    Peter Sveinsson
    Bathroom Designer, Kitchen Designer, Builder
    Adelaide, Australia
    email: peter@brilliantsa.com.au
    email: (alternative) icy@senet.com.au
    X4 on Windows 7

plan

I have a plan in dwg format called existingelevations.dwg. I import the file
    converting lines into polylines, only importing cad blocks if referenced. There are two visible layers 0 and ARNOTE. I import them both, map drawing layers to chief layers by name, importing all layer attributes. Where it says what dimensions, I am
    guessing it is mm and I am clicking import as dimensions where possible.

After completion, I see two drawings immediately on the screen, a side view and a front view of the house.

When I double click on one line in the front view which is representing the far right hand wall, I see length 4885 angle 120. Do I have to multiply by 100 and change the # to reflect this since the notes say scale, 1:100? Then do I manually have to recalculate all dimensions so that they are in feet and inches and then will they export this way or do I now have to change my preferences? I expect that the wall is at least 26 feet high given 13+ ft height ceilings from memory.

Thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by icy
    Please elaborate on what you are trying to do. Import a symbol? Cad block? plan?