seq44 is offline Registered User Promoted

Printing problem on HP Designjet 430

Can't print in landscape. Shows on screen in landscape, but prints in portait .

Any suggestions?

I have the HP450C and I didn't have that problem but similar. I found that out of the box 400 series plotters don't like CA much. I needed to purchase a HPGL card....then I had more control of the way things plotted. And still I needed to tweek things to get what I wanted.

I called HP tech support which was quite helpful......

Not sure if I helped but good luck.
    Doug

I have the same printer.

By making a pdf of my plan file first...I showed that thing who's the boss.

I have a 430 converted to a 450.
    The only time I had this problem was when I only changed the preview print section in one place, and not both.
    Go back to when 10 came out, maybe 9?, and read thru how confusing the settings were. Anyway, it's only a missed setting either within Chief or within the 430 settings?
    I do not convert to pdfs as it is not a requirement to use the 430. However, saving plan views or layouts as pdfs does allow easier back and forth communication. But, if you make changes, it won't update the pdfs.
    Take Care

Jim

An advantage of having a pdf file saved is that you don't need to open the program just to take a glance at the project....aside from being able to e-mail the entire works to your builder or client.

Can't tell you how many times I've been on the phone and someone calls to discuss their job....while another project is open. (Also....the pdf version can just be overwritten every time you make changes to the actual plan file.)

I like the PDF's because it is the record of what was sent.

You have to set to landscape in several places; in page set up and in printer properties.
    Jere Johnson
    Version X3 & X4 & X5 latest
    Electra Glide Standard

RHD is offline Registered User Promoted
    Quote Originally Posted by seq44
    Can't print in landscape. Shows on screen in landscape, but prints in portait .

Any suggestions?
    Is your printer a 24" wide or 36" wide?

You may be using the wrong driver. If you are using the wrong driver the machine is confused. For example Architectural D size paper is 36w x24h. Loading it with the 36" side of the sheet held horizontally with a 24" driver, the printer thinks that the sheet is loaded differently. On the 24" model a 24 x 36 sheet has to load with 24" side held horizontally.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by DougM
    I have the HP450C and I didn't have that problem but similar. I found that out of the box 400 series plotters don't like CA much. I needed to purchase a HPGL card....then I had more control of the way things plotted. And still I needed to tweek things to get what I wanted.
    Doug
    I have used a 450c for all CA plots. And don't have to tweek anything? I have used it for AutoCAD, Solidworks, and all of my other applications. It has been one of the best printers I have ever used! I did get a newer model 500 but still miss the 450c workhorse.
    John

John, (RHD) do you know if SEG44 is getting these posts? I keep getting emailed notices to the replys and I'm not the one having plotter problems....just didn't want SEG44 to think he was being ignored.

Doug

Thumbs down

sent him an email...
    thanks for the concern!
    I guess I was assuming someone whould check back on the thread if they wanted to see if someone could help?
    John

No problem John.....have a good night.

Doug
    Doug Michel
    General Contractor
    Design & Build, New Jersey
    Windows 7... 64 Bit,
    X6 Build 16.1.1.9 X64 w/SSA
    X5 Build 15.2.1.3 X64 w/SSA
    X4 Build 14.3.2.2 X64 w/SSA
    X3 Build 13.4.2.7 w/SSA
    X2 Build 12.6.0.25 w/SSA
    X1,V10,V9
    Sketch Up Pro 8
    AutoCad 2014
    Adobe CS6 Design Premium
    A Pool Cue , a Harley, a Hammer & a Camera
    Good Isn't Enough... When Better is Possible.