Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Hybrid View

Christina,
    It looks fantastic! I didn't compare the low to med rad yet, but the final product looks wonderful. I agree, it's probably not worth the extra zillion hours, although if it were an exterior it would be more obvious. Once you put in on the FTP site I'll send it to Meredith Corp. Thank you so much for all your time and effort!
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

I like the new refrigerator too. Just noticed that.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Glad you like it. I tried to put it on the ftp site last night, but it just showed the picture when I dragged it - it didn't seem to do it how I expected, so I'm not sure if it went on. So I also emailed it to you.

Christina

You emailed the jpeg, which looks great. I love being able to zoom in super tight with no pixilation. However, I need the PSD file, which I assume is quite large. You should be able to simply copy to the FTP site. You may need to log in again. I can't send the magazine a jpeg without getting laughed at.

PSD is a native PhotoShop Document.
    Last edited by alobartn; 05-26-2006 at 06:42 AM.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

I finally figured out why the ftp site didn't work as I expected - it was because I was using Firefox browser and I didn't have some plugin. I went to Explorer and then it worked just as I expected. It is uploading now...

Christina

OK, got it. I added a few lighting highlights to the PSD, but very little. It really looks great. I'm posting it on the FTP site for those who have accessed it. Thanks again!
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Christina & Adam, - I looked at the full size image and it is excellent. Since I generally print at 150 dpi, you could actually take your 300 dpi raytrace and double it to 5400 x 3600 pixels for a 36 x 24 inch print. We're not talkin' wallet-size here! This is one fine render. Thanks again for all the insights.
    ggodwin

I'm going to have to try that! I'll get some photo paper that large and give it a whirl.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

George
    What tools did you use in Photoshop to get those results you posted in the last pic? The doctored pic appears more realistic than the initial rendering. I have always had a difficult time getting my renderings to look 'real' insted of computer generated. I know I could tweak the textures in Chief, however it looks like you have good results by using Photoshop.

Jim
    Jim Gerrard
    Gerrard's Design & Drafting Inc.

CA ver. X2, Vista