Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Fantastic job George. What a difference. I really appreciate it!
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

You're welcome Adam. Let me know if you want any further changes to the original. You did a great render to start with and that is 98% of the resources necessary for a fine result.
    ggodwin

Thanks for the shade Adam, I was just doing and interior window treatment of an existing house, and they had those shades. I had spent and hour looking around in chief for that shade. Your solution is simple and elegant.
    -=JT=-

Well, I'm glad it helped!
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Here's that shade with the material I used in the same library. I should have done that first.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Iexport the chief model and render with Artlantis, with radiosity from the sun and one point light and using Neon glass to windows... time take 43 minutes...

Talking render

alan that looks real good, i hope we can get that type rendering one day
    HARRY B STANFIELD JR
    101 alvin st.
    walterboro,sc 29488
    S&B REMODELING
    843-549-2674
    843-908-1143--MOBILE
    harrythebuilder@yahoo.com
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b335/HARRYBSTANFIELDJR/
    VER: 10.08A

Alan, - I tried to adjust your Artlantis render in Photoshop and I found that it is very hard to bring up details such as the hardwood floors from the Artlantis render.

Adam's original Chief render had better image information to work with in Photoshop in terms of being able to adjust low, medium and high tone levels and hence bring out the details of the different materials like the floors and the countertop materials. The stool material in Adam's render was very good as well.

In comparing the two, I would rather work from the Chief render in terms of making adjustments. It may be particular to this scene and your lighting compared to Adam's lighting but it was no contest in terms of bringing up detail and original colours. The Chief/PovRay render was much easier to work with.
    ggodwin

H'mm. Very interesting thoughts. However, my rendering took 30 hours, whereas Alan's took less than one.
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

Adam, - The results from the 30 hours were worth it. I think the PovRay renderer is superior to Artlantis based on samples that I have seen but the PovRay renderer needs more speed and controls. I have used some of the best renderers available in 3dsMAX and the PovRay renderer as incorporated in Chief has the potential to be a first class renderer with more controls and speed.

I have also used 3 renderers with other software and the result in this case - when I brought the Artlantis image into Photoshop - reminded me of an older render engine used by Poser 4 which was superceded by far more complex renderers in Poser 5 and Poser 6. But again, this could be peculiar to the lighting of this scene and other settings.

Your Chief render was much better to adjust in Photoshop by far because it had far more image detail information. Maybe that is why Artlantis is so fast. It may not process nearly as much information in the final analysis which would not be a good trade-off for the sake of speed. It is the image detail that counts.
    ggodwin

George,
    I know nothing about PS. for me, I can adjust the colour tone of any materials within artlantis itself.. Darker or lighter tone Red, purple, green and so on...Most important is the TIME factor.. some time i need to do 5 or 6 rendering in a day... i just can't affort to spend 20-30 hrs in one rendering...

I have done one raytracing with the same model in chief. it takes me 25 hrs++ to have it done.

Alan, - I am attaching a detail comparing the Chief render by Adam - using the image he posted in this thread and the Artlantis image posted in this thread by you. Both details from the two images were adjusted with the same control in Photoshop with the upper tone levels adjusted. I believe this illustrates the amount of image detail available even in a 100 kb version in both images side by side.

Keep in mind that Adam's render which took a long time resulted in a large file, namely, a 42.6 mb bitmap image. That is a lot of pixels generated by the Chief/PovRay render, namely 2700 x 1800 pixels. I would be interested to know what size of image in terms of pixels that the Artlantis renderer produced in one hour.

I think the attached image tells a lot. Speed is not the only factor. But one can agree that the balance of quality and speed required for one's business is important and relevant. I would like to see the Chief/PovRay renderer improved in terms of controls and speed because I think the PovRay renderer is one of the best in the business.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chief-PovRay-&-Artlantis-comparison.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	6410  
    ggodwin

Alan, - The attached image that you posted above was subjected to just one adjustment in this attachment, namely the upper tone levels were adjusted as in the image comparison above with the stools and the floors. If this is an Artlantis render, it is much closer to the original posted by Adam. Is it an Artlantis render or a Chief render? - As it turns out, this is a Chief render.

Name:	Alan's---Kitchen-Render.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	6411  
    Last edited by George Godwin; 05-21-2006 at 03:29 PM.
    ggodwin

I am no expert on PovRay but it is a great rendering engine and I will post 2 examples - one interior scene (all 3D) and one exterior scene (all 3D). They look like photographs. If we could master PovRay in Chief and get full advantage of PovRay's rendering engine, we could duplicate these results.

Name:	PovRay-Example interior.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	6415  
    Last edited by George Godwin; 05-21-2006 at 01:25 PM.
    ggodwin