Threaded View

Adam, - The results from the 30 hours were worth it. I think the PovRay renderer is superior to Artlantis based on samples that I have seen but the PovRay renderer needs more speed and controls. I have used some of the best renderers available in 3dsMAX and the PovRay renderer as incorporated in Chief has the potential to be a first class renderer with more controls and speed.

I have also used 3 renderers with other software and the result in this case - when I brought the Artlantis image into Photoshop - reminded me of an older render engine used by Poser 4 which was superceded by far more complex renderers in Poser 5 and Poser 6. But again, this could be peculiar to the lighting of this scene and other settings.

Your Chief render was much better to adjust in Photoshop by far because it had far more image detail information. Maybe that is why Artlantis is so fast. It may not process nearly as much information in the final analysis which would not be a good trade-off for the sake of speed. It is the image detail that counts.
    ggodwin