Threaded View

I can't really see a difference, although I haven't compared them really closely. I did it because Adam asked for it...and I didn't have any other raytracing I needed to be doing these couple days. Otherwise I wouldn't have even thought about doing it. I normally only do Low Rad, but I do often go 1.5 or 2x my screen size and then shrink it down. I've found that is faster, and seems to get just fine results. The few times I've gone bigger or with higher radiosity is when I've had a big project like a church where they need a large image for a big meeting. Normally I just do residential and only give the clients 8 1/2x 11 photo paper colored renderings (raytraces) and/or 11x17 greyscale. So my original doesn't need to be that huge or that detailed for those formats. In the last year or so, I don't think anything I've done for a normal client has been more than a couple hours. And since I've gotten this dual core computer (December), most interiors only take about 1-2 hours, and exteriors about 20 minutes or less. And of course I can work on lots of other programs while the raytrace is running.

Christina